Saturday, December 16, 2006

End of Cruise

Thursday and Friday: December 14-15 Costa Rica

Jack and I ended up with colds! So we took it a bit easy for the last two days. Thursday we were in Morenco (Drake’s Bay) and we hung out on the boat and I went later, I went ashore to a beautiful beach, saw a Capuchine (white –faced monkey) and some beautiful flowers. Took a short swim and then back to the ship.
Looking out from breakfast at Morenco

Morenco friends...

and flora...

Friday, we took a tour of Curu Wildlife refuge where we added more monkeys to our “collection,” I had a lovely conversation with a Howler Monkey—they make more noise to show that it is there territory. When they hear other noise, they "bark" louder. So the monkey howled and was quiet. I howled and he responded. It was quite funny. My brothers, who enjoy immitating gorillas, would have been proud. Saw the red crabs here and learned about the spiders and thorny trees.


Thorny Tree


and red crab


and finally, an alter in the jungle:

Unfortunately my cold got very bad, so we headed back to the ship and I headed to bed where I stayed all day. We did make it up for dinner and a last visit with my friends in the Casino…but neither made me feel a lot better. I must say we had a good time with the many folks we got to know on the ship.

No comments: